- Wherever You Go, There You Are- Jon Kabat-Zinn, (all books, CD’s, YouTube videos by Zinn are wonderful)
- Real Happiness-Proven Paths for Contentment, Peace & Well-Being-Jonah Paquette, Psy.D.
- Before Happiness-the Five Hidden Keys to Achieving Success, Spreading Happiness and Sustaining Positive Change-Shawn Achor, Ph.D.
- Present Perfect-a mindfulness approach to letting go of perfectionism & the need for control-Pavel Somov, Ph.D.
- Hush, A Book of Bedtime Contemplations-Rubin Naiman, Ph.D.
- the life-changing magic of tidying up-the Japanese art of decluttering and organizing-Marie Kondo
- Going to Pieces Without Falling Apart–A Buddhist Perspective on Wholeness-Mark Epstien, M.D.
- When Things Fall Apart, Heart Advice for Difficult Times-Pema Chodron
- Learn to Meditate-A Practical Guide to Self-Discovery and Fulfillment-David Fontana, Ph.D.
- The Four Agreements-Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Confidence Gap-Russ Harris
- Creative Visualization and Living in the Light-Shaki Gawain
- Eating the Moment-141 mindful practices to overcome overeating one meal at a time-Pavel G. Somov, Ph.D.
- A Time to Grieve, Meditations for Healing after the Death of a Loved One-Carol Staudacher
- Landscape Without Gravity-A Memoir of Grief-Barbara Lazear Ascher
- CALM-choice of visual presentation, nature sounds, music, sleep stories (beautiful narrations). This is a personal favorite which I use regularly. There is a free version, but the one for purchase is much richer and broad in scope. I believe the cost is $69 for a year.
- Sleep Genius
- Relax & Rest
- My Calm Beat-very popular
- Pranayama (relaxation and breath, personal favorite)
- Relax Sounds
- SAM (self-help for anxiety management, developed at the University of the West of England, Bristol)
MINDFULNESS & MEDITATION APPS
- Smiling Mind
(The three apps above were ranked the top mindfulness apps out of 700 viewed by the Journal of Medical Internet Research.)
WEBSITES (Empirically-based. I’ve visited all of these myself. )
- www.shawnachor.com-Harvard trained psychologist. Anything by him is wonderful, Ted talks are brilliant, YouTube videos, FB page, etc.
- www.goodthinkinc.com-see above
- www.centerhealthyminds.org-Empirically based brain research on how to improve your well-being
- www,honestguys.co.uk-brilliant visualizations that may still be available on YouTube
- www.psychologytoday.com-Based upon their magazine, articles on every possible topic as it relates to psychology
- www.bluezones.com-Information based upon places in the world where people live the longest, healthiest lives
- www.drnaiman.com-Rubin Naiman, Ph.D. , psychologist, clinical assistant professor of medicine and sleep and dream specialist at the University of Arizona’s Center for Integrative Medicine.( The best information on sleep I’ve found.)
- www.drweil.com-Andrew Weil, Harvard trained M.D., the author of numerous books, one of the original proponents of integrated health care
- www.spiritrock.org-an insight meditation center in the Bay Area
- www.apa.org-American Psychological Association, a wealth of information on topics of mental health
Kevin Love of the Cleveland Cavaliers talks about his depression and anxiety and the need for comprehensive mental health support in the NBA. ESPN 45-minute film available on YouTube.
I’m always adding new resources, so check back frequently!